Tuesday 17 February 2015

Gatling Gun

Not only is it 25mm it isn't even Napoleonic! What is going on?

This is an OG British Navy Gatling gun crew (Zulu War period) and is painted for the May game held in Ayton (Nr Scarborough). I usually get trounced by artillery and all things projectile based at these games so I'd thought to bring a little canned-heat with me this time. This year the rules are supposed to reduce the dominance of artillery but why take the chance? I have another Gatling gun to paint up and much, much more artillery. The figures are supposed to be Mexicans by the way - I couldn't find any references for them on the internet but assumed they'd be not too different from any other Navy.





6 comments:

  1. Nice work, Ken. Just saw the Hollywood version of these recently in a re-run of Last Samurai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dean, I dont think I've seen that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely job, a beautiful and impressive vignette...ennemies should stand away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'm doing a few more then, just in case..
    Very nice piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Phil, thats what I was hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dave, can you get batteries of Gatling guns?

    ReplyDelete

Followers