Thursday 11 December 2014

Austrian Infantry #1

This is my first attempt at tackling the white uniform of the Austrians. The figures are old glory road march and the flag is from Maverick Models. I gave them a white coat which was then given  a black wash and then highlighted white. I wasn't too sure how they would turn out and may try another technique. I think the black wash is a bit too harsh and may try a grey. I cut off the original flag pole and used a brass 28mm spear cut down to size. the faces were a bit of a problem to do as there wasn't much detail and what I could make out was pretty small!

I took the pictures with my painting light on and then off.













10 comments:

  1. Nicely done Ken,
    There are a lot if nice figures in the Old Glory range. My buddy Cameron has quite a few of them and they look good on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Old Glory figures are to me a bit like the Hinchcliffe figures of old, perhaps a bit too animated, but certainly alive when painted. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job on these Austrians!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, OG do have a nice range but the march attach pose can have mixed quality. The worst OG pack I have painted was the Brunswick line infantry, very poor detail.

    SunOfYork, yes they are generally quite animated with exaggerated poses and a lot of shouting going on.

    Thanks Phil, I'm still ot too sure how to complete the rest of the Austrian army!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed ken, I bought the whole lot of Brunswick OG for Waterloo period and can't face painting them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel - I have OG Prussian hussars never painted but used their horses for extra riders on ammunition caisson and wagons!

    But the Brunswickers are the worst figures I've seen from OG.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good stuff, well done for making a start on the Austrians Ken. Now you need to turn out a few hundred more, chop chop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing wrong with your technique, these look great, certainly no need to change. White is a really tricky uniform but, paradoxically, I've always yearned to do an Austrian Army. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Dave, SRD and JAmes. I can only try!

    ReplyDelete

Followers