Sunday 29 September 2013

Another trip

We went to Gibside Hall on the outskirts of Gateshead. We did quite a bit of walking here and there and hiding amongst the trees were re-enactors of the good old 68th regiment!The hall was built in the early 1600's and fell into disrepair around 1860. Back then it was the property of the Bowes family (Queen Mum's lot) and is now in the care of the national trust. The Sergeant allowed child number two and myself to have a bit play with a Brown Bess - a joy to hold and I can tell you with the bayonet fitted you're just looking for the excuse to run somebody through!!











2 comments:

  1. Hi Ken,
    As a newbie to your blog, could you tell me for what rules your figures are based for? They look great.

    Best wishes
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gregory,

    Thanks for calling by, my figure basing is really a compromise...I do like double ranked bases because of the mass effect and these are ok on a 40x30mm piece of MDF. I also have 20x30 bases for genadier/light companies.

    It just so happens that a few rule sets such as Lasalle, Snappy Nappy and some others use a 40x30 format but I dont really think it matters

    Cheers

    Ken

    ReplyDelete

Followers