Friday 8 January 2010

Update on Chasseurs a Cheval and musings on rulesets

For the past few days I have been working on the green coated French Horse Chasseurs (Line), these are AB's and seem ok enough. I think the AB hussars are better sculpted or at least they have more detail and repay careful painting. I'm not a fan of Old Glory cavalry - I still have some Prussian Landwher lancers and Hussars to paint, the horses and riders are quite a bit smaller than the AB's. So I'll stick to AB or Fantassin for cavalry.

I bought the new Lasalle rules by Sam Mustafa and think they are ok but I'm no real judge of rules. Everything I expect of a wargame appears to be there. I bought his Grande Armee rules which I think are great. I'm looking forward to his Blucher set which is the grand tactical version of Lasalle.

Cheers

Ken













The guy on the corner is finished, I usually complete one figure to get an idea of what the final paint job may look like. Gives me the spur to finsih the others!


Another 40 to do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ken,
    Was meaning to post a message earlier but the weather got in the way, very nice work you are doing. I personally am moving over to AB from Old Glory for Prussians, Russians and French, (especially cavalry). keep up the good work
    best regards
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul,

    Yes, AB are nice but expensive!

    I'm still using Old Glory for the bulk of my infantry. Just put another order in to Mark of TimeCast - french infantry the 1815 march attackers. I think I'll use AB for other units and the gurad when I get around to them.

    Cheers

    Ken

    ReplyDelete

Followers